This recipe works as a snack or meal, it’s yammie and quickly prepared. You can substitute the carrots with pumpkin or squash.
2 cups of milk
handful of grated cheese (I usually use Gouda or Emmental/Edam, Gruyère or goat cheese would give the soup more kick)
(roasted) pumpkin seeds for decoration
1) Dice the onions and sauté until they are glassy
2) Peel the carrots, boil them in the veggie broth for about 10 min until they are soft and slice them afterwards – keep some of the broth for later
3) Purée the onions and carrots, seasoned with ground nutmeg, salt and pepper, with the milk.
4) Put everything into a pot and bring to a boil, add some of the broth to make the puréed mix more liquid
5) Add the cheese and season to taste
6) Serve and decorate with pumpkin seeds