Christmas is coming closer and you’ve certainly already noticed the masses of Christmas cookies and chocolates that are on sale in the supermarkets. So far I managed well not to buy anything but the colder it gets outside, the more I feel like having a coffee or a tea with something sweet in the afternoon! The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls I am presenting you today are a recipe of Natalie who you might remember from the green smoothie. Let’s create a yummy weekend treat and let’s all enjoy the 1st advent this Sunday!
2/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup regular oats
3/4 cup whole grain spelt flour (or other flour)
1 tsp salt
5 pitted dates (medjool), chopped
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3-5 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste
3-4 tbsp dark chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup dark chocolate, melted, for dipping
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non stick mat. In a food processor, process the cashews and oats until a fine crumble. Now add in the flour, salt, and roughly chopped pitted dates. Process until fine.
2) Add in the vanilla and pure maple syrup and process until the mixture comes together in a ball.
3) Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the 3-4 tbsp of chopped dark chocolate. Roll into balls and stick with toothpicks.
4) In a double boiler or carefully in the microwave, melt 1/3 cup of dark chocolate in a small bowl. Be careful not to burn. Now roll each ball into the chocolate and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5) Freeze for 1 hour to set. Serve immediately.
Yield: Approx. 25 balls.