Sometimes you have those days when you open your fridge or freezer and hope for something tasty to come out. This especially happens when you know that your fridge is empty because you didn’t have time for grocery shopping. You then wonder what could be made out of butter, eggs & co. I had this moment this week and look what came out. Doesn’t even look that bad, right?
Ingredients (serves 2):
Frozen spinach (300 g)
1 garlic clove
1 small onion, chopped
a fresh chili, a spoon of chili sauce or some all’arrabiata pasta sauce
salt, pepper, ground nutmeg
1) Preheat your oven and defrost the spinach.
2) Mix the spinach with 4 eggs and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3) Mix the flour with salt in a separate small bowl, add the soft butter and with your hands process the ingredients to a small dough.
4) Boil the tomatoes for about 10 min, then peel their skin off and cut in small dice.
5) Now chop up the onion and the garlic.
6) In a small sauce pan mix the tomatoes with the garlic, onion and the chili sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Pour the spinach-egg mix in a small, round glass or ceramic pan (mini casserole) and bake for about 20 min (at 200 degrees Celsius).