This is one of my favorite recipes of Chinese noodles. The ingredients are available all around the globe and it works both with or without meat. It is one of the healthiest fast food meals to make, so enjoy :)
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
1 pack Chinese egg noodles
300g chicken breast
1 small onion (red or yellow)
1 pack bean sprouts
2-3 cloves garlic
Chinese 5-spices mix (also tastes great if substituted with Garam Masala)
1) Slice the onion and the garlic, then pre-cut the meat in mouth big pieces.
2) Together with the onion and garlic, marinate the meat in soy sauce (ideally leave it in the fridge over night).
3) Clean and chop the vegetables
4) Boil the egg noodles and drain them.
5) In a wok or big pan, sauté the meat and add half a teaspoon of sambal oelek and half a teaspoon of the Chinese 5-spices mix. Then put it aside. I suggest to use peanut or canola oil.
6) Now deep fry the vegetables, season with soy sauce and a pinch of the 5-spices mix. I fry the leak and carrots first and at the end add the bean sprouts and keep it on the stove for another 1-2 min. If you feel like more vegetables, you may as well add bell pepper or zucchini to the vegetable mix.
7) Add the noodles to the vegetables, stir well, then add the meat and stir well again. Season to taste with more sambal oelek or soy sauce.
Tipp: If you like mushrooms, soak a handful of Chinese black mushrooms in cold water and add them to the vegetable mix together with the bean sprouts.