Blinis are small pancakes and I find them very delicious with salmon. Especially in hot summer weather blinis make a very good meal. In France, you can buy them in the supermarket but home-made tastes always better, of course. You can also make a sweet variation with cinnamon, apples and sirup.
1 pack smoked salmon (ca. 1oog or 4 slices)
1 pack mache salad
1 small onion
A handful of cocktail tomatoes
For the pancakes:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 pack or 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
A pinch of salt
For the vinaigrette:
Salt, pepper, garlic
1) Wash the salad and the tomatoes and dice the onion.
2) For the pancake dough, put the flour, the bread crumbs and the baking soda in a bowl, then mix with the eggs, the milk, the oil and a pinch of salt.
3) Put aside. Meanwhile prepare the vinaigrette: Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 3 tablespoons of dark balsamic vinegar. Season with salt, pepper and finely chopped garlic, add a sip of cream.
4) In a hot pan, pour 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the blinis.
5) On a plate, garnish the blinis with creme fraiche, a slice of salmon, the onion dices, a slice of lemon and arrange your salad on the side.