This recipe is quite special as you will see: It’s an ‘egg’ style Vegan salad, in other words a salad that tastes like egg salad but is made without eggs :) I have not turned into a vegan but I went to an eco fair this weekend, where I saw Björn Moschinski, the owner and cook of Kopps in Berlin (www.kopps-berlin.de) make this recipe. I was surprised how close it comes to real egg salad, plus it only takes 10 min to prepare it. I say top!
1 pound pasta
1 onion, diced
1 can chickpeas
soy milk (about 1/2 cup to cover the chick peas)
colza oil (up to 1/2 cup)
1 table spoon vinegar
kala namak (black salt), salt, pepper
1) Boil the pasta; for this recipe you should over boil it, meaning that you cook it for up to 20 min until the pasta is very sticky.
2) Dice the onion and mix it with the cold pasta.
3) In a blender, mix the chickpeas with soy milk.
4) Now add the vinegar and oil and mix well until you get a mayonnaise like cream.
5) Pour over the pasta, mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.