It’s rainy, it’s dark, it’s cold outside. Hello winter. You are long and we can’t wait until you are over (at least me). I’ve been missing my daily dose of sunshine for over a week now and I have little hope that this will change soon. But: Let’s not get depressive. I thought about a feel good remedy and found it: A kind of feel good tea. Don’t give up, try it out, it will make you feel better, cup by cup :)
1 large piece of ginger (7-10cm), 4-5 tablespoons white sugar, water
1) Peel the ginger and dice it.
2) In a blender, cover the ginger pieces with water and blend until you receive a mash (purée).
3) In a small sauce pan, combine the blended ginger with the white sugar (you should try to use a 1:1 proportion between ginger and sugar) and add twice the amount of water.
4) Let boil until all water has evaporated (about 1 hour at medium to slow heat). Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
5) Fill in a jar and refrigerate.
6) For your cup of tea: Use 1/2-1 teaspoon of your ginger mix per cup, simply pour hot water over it and stir. Voilà!