It’s dinner time! Today I had a lazy but beautiful Sunday with great weather outside. After a nice brunch we went outside for a long walk and for dinner I didn’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen, so I came up with this little creation: Sauted carrots and aragula salad with soy dressing & ginger.Count 10 min and your done :) Sayonara!
1 pack carrot sticks
1 garlic clove
2 hands arugula salad
pickled ginger slices (the ones you used for sushi)
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar or dark Chinese vinegar
fresh chili or chili flakes
ground cinnamon (optional)
1 tablespoon canola oil or peanut oil
1) Begin with washing the arugula salad and chopping the garlic clove
2) In a small bowl combine the soy sauce with the vinegar and a few bits of chili and garlic
3) In a pan or wok, heat the oil and saute the garlic. Then add the carrot sticks, the raisins, a spoon of the soy-vinegar dressing, and a drizzle of curry powder (about 1/2-1 teaspoon). Stir until the carrots get soft. Slightly season with cinnamon for a more exotic taste (optional)
4) On a plate, arrange the arugula salad on one half and cover with the remainder of the dressing. Decorate with pickled ginger slices. On the other half, put the sauted carrots.
5) If you have tofu at hand, add a few slices of tofu on the side or simple enjoy your dinner with plain rice or a slice of bread.