This morning I had a creative start into the day. I woke up and went straight to the kitchen to prepare a nice little Sunday brunch. I proudly present:
This brunch table reminds me of a still life painting. What you see arranged here are puff pastry wedges with red cabbage and goat cheese crumbles and bacon cheese muffins, accompanied by avocado, tomatoes and grapes. Both meals are oven baked and do not require a lot of prep time. With the spring time coming, enjoy a nice Sunday sunshine brunch!
Puff pastry wedges with red cabbage and goat cheese crumbles
1 pack puff pastry (or 1 roll pie crust)
1 glass red cabbage (Rotkohl)
2 tablespoons crumbles goat cheese
Before you start preparing, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
1) Cut the puff pastry into small rectangles. With your fingers, twist the ends together.
2) Fill with red cabbage and sprinkle with goat cheese and cumin (optional).
3) Cover a baking tray with baking paper and bake the puff pastry wedges until they are slightly brown (about 10 min). Serve warm.
Bacon cheese muffins
1/2 cup milk
1/2 grated cheese (e.g. pizza cheese)
salt, pepper, sweet paprika powder
spring onion for decoration
1) In a bowl whisk together the eggs, the milk, the cheese and the spices.
2) Take a muffin baking pan and lay out the bacon stripes cross-wise. Then pour over the egg mixture and place in the oven for about 20 min. The muffins are done as soon as the egg mixture is firm.
3) Decorate with spring onions and serve warm.
Arrange a plate with sliced tomato, avocado, apple, and grapes.